Curried Coconut Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. spicy/hot curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. garam masala
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 pound (455 g) large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup coconut water
- 2 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, plus more for garnish (optional)
1. In a large skillet set over medium heat, melt the coconut oil, then add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Add the curry powder, garam masala, turmeric, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
3. Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook until they turn pink and are completely opaque, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the coconut water and mix well.
4. In a small bowl, dilute the flour in the water. Add this to the skillet and mix well. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 2 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
5. Stir in the coconut milk and shredded coconut and serve, garnished with extra shredded coconut, if desired!
Leave a Reply.